Middlebury Amateur Hockey Association is excited to host CVYH, St. Albans, CSB, Essex, Woodstock, Stowe and Middlebury for the Vermont Youth 10U T2 Playdown tournament. We look forward to competitive games, model sportsmanship, and positive support by all attending. Below are a few details re: our rink as well as expectations for the event that should help the weekend run smoothly for your teams and families. Please forward as appropriate.
– The game schedule is set and available here on the VSAHA Tournament site (See the Youth 10U T2 section on the Youth 10U tab). Game results and bracket updates will be posted on the site throughout the weekend.
– The tournament format for this weekend is round robin with two brackets (pools). The top two (2) teams from each bracket, finishing with the Highest Value of Game Points (with Tiebreakers if applicable), will advance to a semi- final game on Sunday afternoon according to State Tournament Rules. The winner from each semi-final game will advance to Championship Weekend.
- Pool A – 1/4/5 – CVYH / St. Albans / Stowe
- Pool B – 2/3/6/7 – CSB / Middlebury / Essex / Stowe
– Please review the T2 tournament rules outlined in Section 9 (see link above) before the weekend.
– Locker room assignments for games will be posted on the overhead monitor mounted near the doors to the 2nd floor.
– Don’t forget your credential book and roster stickers. The Tournament Director will be collecting these before your 1st game and returning them after your last game. Please have your credential verification sheet filled and filed in your book before you arrive.
– We will play the national anthem before the 1st game of the tournament, immediately after warmups. We ask that teams line up at their blue line during the playing of the anthem.
Fans and Attendees
– Memorial Sports Center is located in the heart of Middlebury. Parking is available both in the main lot off Buttolph Drive and in the lot behind the rink next to the Addison County Courthouse. Downtown Middlebury is a short walk (or drive) from the rink and we are happy to give recommendations for eating establishments or activities to pass time between games (see also Flo’s earlier email on this topic).
– There is an entry fee for all fans (single game and weekend passes are available). Players and coaches do not need to pay.
– Skate sharpening will be available through the skate sharpening window on the 1st floor between 9AM – 2PM on both Saturday and Sunday.
– Concessions, bathrooms, and a heated viewing area are available on the 2nd floor of the rink (accessible via both stairs and elevator on the west end of the rink). Overhead heaters will be turned on in the bleachers.
– We welcome decorations supporting your team and players. If you are interested in posting them around the rink, please keep them off the glass in front of viewing areas along the bleachers and the west end of the rink in front of the locker rooms. Please ask if you have questions on where to decorate.
– The area outside of the locker rooms will be reserved for coaches, players, and the team manager only.
– Finally, LiveBarn is available in our rink for those interested in watching remotely.
Expectations for Conduct / Zero Tolerance
As a reminder to all attending and participating, we adhere to VSAHA and USA Hockey’s expectations for conduct and respect, including:
– USA Hockey Zero Tolerance Policy which applies to players, coaches, on ice and off ice officials, and spectators.
– USA Hockey rule updates are enforced. Verbal and physical abuse towards players, coaches, officials and spectators will not be tolerated. Consequences can impact all participants.
– USA Hockey Codes of Conduct must be followed by everyone.
Officials will be responsible for enforcing the rules of the game and actions on the ice. If the Tournament Director, volunteers, or any other attendee observe behavior off the ice that is contrary to the above, those involved may be asked to leave the event or, in extreme cases, the game in progress may be stopped after consultation with coaches and officials.
Thank you for coming and best of luck to all teams!